Thursday, December 31, 2009

Need advice about my ferret?

k i got a new ferret a while ago


hes about 2 years old


and when i scruff him he doesnt yawn


arent isnt that supposed 2 happen 2 other ferrets??





Need advice about my ferret?
most do but not all (as you've seen). one of mine will yawn a dozen times in a minute, the other just looks at me like i'm trying to get him to recite poetry, lol. have you tried rubbing his ears with your other hand while scruffing him? sometimes that brings it on if scruffing alone doesn't do it.





but then, you may have just found a yawn-less fur-beastie. nothing to be alarmed about. every ferret is different.Need advice about my ferret?
There's always exceptions to the rules. I know at least one of mine (Sammy) doesn't yawn when I scruff him. Chloe and Dodger always yawn within in a few seconds of scruffing them and, for some reason, I can't remember if Cooper yawns or not. I don't think he does (I only scruff mine to clean ears, clean teeth, give meds, and for the occasional disciplining - I don't want to go scruff him now just to see if he does yawn or not, I don't want him to think he's in trouble or about to have something not so fun done to him). Anyway, don't worry, as the others already mentioned, not all ferrets will yawn when scruffed.
If he doesn't yawn, you can give him a very light shake. This usually produces the yawn. Also, if you are giving support to his rear, that sometimes stops the ferret from yawning, and they can even fight through the scruffing, then. Try less support (if he's a bigger boy), or let him free-hang (if he's a lighter boy). Make sure you have a substantial amount of skin; light scruffs (or pinches of skin) hurt and annoy the fuzz butt ;) Hope this helps and good luck.
Marines are the first to make digital camo retard. They are infantry, and use the best weapons and aviation vihicles to date. Do some research dumbass, below is a pic of a Marine, take a look.





http://www.arcent.army.mil/cflcc_today/2鈥?/a>





http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co鈥?/a>
LOL, most ferrets do yawn while being scruffed. But it seems your little guy didn't get the memo! I wouldn't worry about it. ;)
are you kidding me that is a dumb question to ask here, but its fine not all ferrets yawn when you scratch them its not like something there born to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment