Sunday, December 27, 2009

Need advice! I'm an attorney working at a ';big 4'; accounting firm and thinking about quitting due to stress. ?

I've been working days and nights and can't keep going like this. Besides, I'm trying to have a family. Can't quit without looking for another job. But I'm not sure where I want to go to find a life work balance. May be a very impulsive decision, but I'm even thinking about taking document review positions (call me crazy??). Need advice! I'm an attorney working at a ';big 4'; accounting firm and thinking about quitting due to stress. ?
I need some advice on adopting a step-child. Would you be able to help in that aspect?Need advice! I'm an attorney working at a ';big 4'; accounting firm and thinking about quitting due to stress. ?
I totally understand! Look for a job outside of the big 4. I work for a regional firm w/ about 35 employees with awesome partners who actually allow us to have a life! They allow us the flexibility to have work/life balance and empower us to do what we need to do to get our work done and wow our clients. I still get stressed from time to time but it's a reduction in the pressure which may also mean a reduction in pay for you coming from a big 4 but you never know...money isn't everything!





What type of work do you do at the CPA firm? Are you a tax attorney? You might also look into doing litigation support/forensic accounting work since you have the legal and acctg. background.
Looks like you are burning out real quick.......Family and a High stress/work load do not mix..ever....You need to decide do you want to start a family now ? This is not a impulsive decision you are making...Your Body is telling you it cant keep up ( health is at risk).


Do not try to concieve a child until you have changed Jobs and


de-stressed. Think about the reasons eople choose jobs





Money - Will your new position cover all bills and savings accounts ?


Commute - Is the commute a problem or will interfere with day care in the future


Flexibility of new Job: can you leave early or work from home with a new baby in your life


Husbands feelings: he must be included in this discussion and help you make the appropriate changes and be your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment