Thursday, December 31, 2009

Need some advice about returning back to college and about jobs?

I am 32 years old. I am thinking about going back to the community collge that I had left 4 years ago to get my associates degree . After that I am going to pursue a bachelors degree.


here is what I need the advice about due to the fact that some of my classes that I would have to take would interpruet my job I would have to leave my job to get my degree.


Would and employer look down on the fact that I would have to take a couple years off to get my degree.


I am looking to get into the accounting or financial field would I be able to get and internship to gain work experience?


Is it too late for me to change my life. Would I still have time to climb the coroporate ladder?Need some advice about returning back to college and about jobs?
I don't think an employer cares how long it takes to get a degree. However, what you need to think about is whether you would be OK working for a boss much younger than you. For example, suppose your boss is 27, but with 5 years experience in accounting - can you handle this? Employers also wonder whether as a slightly older person you can get along with co-workers much younger than you. Anticipate these objections, and have an answer ready. yes, you can still climb the corporate ladder.





Go for it! Good luck.Need some advice about returning back to college and about jobs?
its never too late. Dont let your age be the variable to deter you from your goals. There are people getting their Phd's in their 80's and 90's! Speak to your job and see if they will allow you to work various day and hours if not seek counsel from the college and apply for all the various grants available.





Never give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment