Friday, April 30, 2010

Need advice about colleges!!?

Ok, so here's the deal. Im trying to figure out which college to attend. Im a full-time worker and have two options at this point. I can attend Liberty University and major in what I really want, which is Business/Finance. The thing is, it's a tier IV school...but fully accredited (I already checked this out). OR I can attend a top school, University of Richmond. Because it's an evening program, I would have to major in something like HR Management..which I have no plans to go into. Either way, after I graduate, Im going for my MBA. My question is, should I compromise my major just so that I can graduate from a better school or should I choose the lesser school which has my major? Ive checked into other institutions, but none of them fit my needs as a full time worker. PLEASE any advice you have is welcomed!! Thanks.Need advice about colleges!!?
This is definitely a tough one.





The main question, since you're going to get an MBA anyway, is will both schools get you into the MBA program? If so, I would go for the school that has what interests you since you will do better. If you are interested in what you study, you will get better grades (I have 3 bachelors degrees and a masters degree - trust me, I KNOW what I'm talking about).





Find out what you need in order to get into the MBA program. See what kinds of people have been accepted - from what colleges and what programs. It may be better for you to take HR managerment than business, though it's hard for me to believe. If you plan on getting an MBA with a specialization in finance or economics or something like that, you should definitely go for the less prestigious school that has the program you want.





Good luck with whatever you choose!

No comments:

Post a Comment