Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Advice about a Friend...?

I used to have a friend.We met.She invitd me in..meaning becoming friends w/ her.I am friendly but I try to put my wall first.But I listen to her intently.She tries to confides 2 me bout some of her personal stories.She had Men issues %26amp; stuff.Her personal life was on a downward spiral.I try to help her out by giving her advices or just listening to her.Until she involves me into things that I never thought she would.U see,I also have my own personal business to take care of but she doesn't know any of it.She made me a suspect about things that ';she thought'; I told 2 other people what was happening to her.But as a matter of fact,as I recall it,she is such a chatter.She tells me that she told her circle of friends(whom I never met)what was happening to her personal life.But for a fact that she accused me wrongly about spreading gossips/stories about her hurts me so much.I was so concern 4 her.I was always here 4 her when she needs someone to talk to %26amp; this is what she repays me?!Advice about a Friend...?
You need to confront your friend and explain your feelings about all of this.





Keep paper and pencil with you, and anytime a thought comes along about what you want to tell her, write it down so you don't forget. That way, you won't be consumed with hurt/anger when you talk to her and blank out on what you really want to say!





She may just be really insecure about all of the drama she has spread about herself? As hard as it is, when you talk to her, try to see her side of the story so you can get a better perspective on how and what she is thinking. This way, you can connect how you're feeling to her thoughts, and maybe she will understand your perspective a little better.





*Edit, additional info*





Personally, I don't think she meets the qualifications to be your best friend. It's not fair when you are being a great friend, and then she provides nothing in return. I'm sure she's a nice person, but it sounds like she has a lot of growing up to do.





I would keep her as a polite acquaintance, but other than that, I would not try to rekindle a false best friendship. If she needs help badly, then maybe a professional would be the best choice. You might be worrying too much about all of this. True friendships should be enjoyed, not causing you worry and pain. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment