Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Advice about a walk-a-thon. Never done one before?

After going to my local Humane Society, I learned of a Walk-a-Thon that is coming up to help them with donations.


My first thought was that I have to do this! I will help the animals, and do something healthy for me. I have been interested in getting into doing walks, and since this one is only a 2.5 mile - I thought what a perfect starter!!





I have never done anyhing like this before and know nothing about it!


I know I will finish (walk more than 2.5 on tred), but are the plegdes based on my finishing or not?


What are some ways in which I can get pledges? Is it wrong to go door to door around my neighborhood? If I do this, what are some good things to mention to people?





Any other thoughts or advice are welcome!!


Like I said I have never done anything like this before so I am just wondering...





Thanks=)Advice about a walk-a-thon. Never done one before?
carry water with you...you're gonna get tired even if it's only two and a half miles...and it's wise to bring an ipod or some kind of music when you walk...if it's allowed...and as for pledges..just walk into any business, tell them about your cause, and politely ask them if they would be willing to donate or give a pledge. You'll definitely get someone to help.Advice about a walk-a-thon. Never done one before?
OK dolphinsilversea, I have some experience for walk-a-thons, first its basically a drive for Charity.





Think of it as those little trick-or-treat boxes for Charity that you would do for you schools. Its just about the same concept just different method.





My advice for getting pledges would be make flyers, brochures, and fourms and pass them out, if your lucky you will get some back.





And if all goes to work you can ask family (I did XD) and they should support you on what you believe in.





The pledges can either be per lap or total but i think your going to get mostly totals. And pledges are like an i-owe-you a donation and they are normally if you finish or not.





Its really fun you can talk to all the other people young and old alike. Just one more tip, find out if they have water there or bring your own.





hope this answers some of your questions.





Jonathon L
We used to do these lots where i grew up. I think its ok to canvass your neighbourhood, ask relatives or acquantances, either for pledges or donations (the difference being that you can collect donations now, instead of coming back later.) I guess pledges do depend if you finish or not, but most ppl will honor them anyway. I grew up in a small town and we used to do MOST of the town. Not sure what the protocol would be in a bigger city. Always make sure you let them know WHAT CHARITY you are walking for--could make a difference to the ppl and how much they contribute. good luck and thats a very good cause!
  • beauty makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment