Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Advice about work and depression!?

I need objective advice! I have been teaching for seven years, but am quite introverted and have begun t realise that the job mat noy be suited to me. I don't have problems in terms of behaviour much (that's not the issue) but really don't like standing up in the limelight anymore. This is where it gets to the problem! I have sufferered with anxiety (negative thoughts) and sleeplessness in relation to work for a year, and I battled it all last year without telling anyone. I had some counselling CBT and zopiclone for Sun nights in particular! This year I coulnt face it all again and after a completely sleepless night I rung in sick. My Doctor prescribed me with 10mg citolapram and signed me off for two weeks. I actually felt ok when off, and don't think I need the tablets as I don't want to become addicted. I have requested pt hours and the school don't want to give me it. But the problem I have is, I don't know if I even want to go back. What's more when I was referred to OH they said to take the tablets in order to go back to work. Why should I be on anti-d in order to go to my job? I had another two weeks off and more counselling. I went back to my gp and (have been fine at home) told her that I think it was work related - she (by the way, different Dr every time) told me I was depressed, gave me another sick note and 20mg citolapram. She said because I am depressed it is affecting my feelings around work,and I don't want to make a decision that will affect my career whilst feeling this way.


My boyfriend thinks I am not depressed (he thinks it's my job) but I worry that it maybe me as I have always been a highly anxious worrier type, and self esteem issues due to family background and some bad experiences in the past. I have always been very good at my job and got good results. I also have good pay after it increasing every year. On the other hand, I have been writing more since I have been off and feel that this makes me happy. I am really torn and counselling does not give me advice - I don't want to take the drugs because I want to do my writing too (I'm sure that being a little depressed is part of a writer's job description!) Please can I have some advice?Advice about work and depression!?
When you went for counselling did you spend any time talking about why you are not enjoying your job anymore and it's making you feel stressed out? If not is it worth speaking to a careers advisor/counsellor to discuss what options you may have or speak to someone you know who might be able to talk through your options with you. Have you though of community education/learning? Originally I was set to train to be a teacher but I'm now working in youth work/community work and I really enjoy it If so enjoy teaching then maybe that could be something you enjoy but may be more relaxed and you could find a job that is part-time. Or could you apply to a school elsewhere in the area for a job which is only a part-time post? Don't rush into making a decision but take time to think carefully about why you're feeling like this, has it been like this for a long time or if it's just come on quite recently. Also, think about what your different options are and weigh up the pros and cons.Advice about work and depression!?
you realy need to nail this --is it your job-- what aspect of the job if its giving you problems you have to change jobs somehow


would you feel any different teaching a different kind of people


younger older etc


would that alter anything


and meds are not the way at all what is paramount is to choose your healing route------ carefully-- be really aware that the conventional treatment for this can be horrendous and you can go on for years with no improvement and massive damaging detrimental side effects from meds . Do read this very carefully and try and understand the principles behind what is being said .


Evaluate all of this info well 鈥搕his info will save you years of suffering ---years if you apply it ..


This will educate you on our health care system and its dire limitations


All treatment recommended by the doctors should be tested and approved and quite rightly so.


That makes sense right .it costs millions to test and approve treatments because of the possible damage to people..


Drug companies Fund most research and will only and I mean only look at treatments, which show the promise of good deal of a profit, --they will actively dismiss any therapy which does not have profit potential鈥?thus your doctor will only recommend therapies with profit in them.


Despite The fact that some of these other therapies mentioned do have overwhelming benefits some, which have saved needless amputations, needless pain and trauma, and much loss of life. Drugs are not the answer for depression with mind altering chemicals or any other mental illness. This is a fundamental principle and unless you grasp this fully 鈥搚ou could /will have years of suffering ahead of you .


This does not help you though when you are ill and suffering鈥攏ot hearing about therapies which can help from a person you look up to and trust Have you heard your local doctor recommend, Massage Spiritual healing, Herbs, Light therapy,Colour therapy,the violet ray therapy, Osteopathy, Electrical Frequency devices.


These therapies will work for many complaints of a so called mental nature


we have thousands of testimonials and results showing years of successful applications


Do this and I will guarantee improvements to you inside a day its that simple, of course getting these things in place can be much harder. Each therapy can have a very beneficial influence on you.


Print this all off save it and enact it and share it --- of course someone to help you get these therapies in your life is invaluable but do not be swayed by them trying for short cuts 鈥?


1,get someone to massage your back and legs at least 3 times a week use peanut oil or a mix of 50-50 olive and peanut oil.


2 use the violet ray machine an Edgar Cayce device google search this --- 3 times a week on the other days especially on the spine鈥?we use it every day with very positive results


3.get a tent sleep out side 3times a week utilising earth energy - nature can help big time especially with how you feel how much energy you have


4 study and apply good nutrition-- adequate minerals all of them particularly calcium and magnesium iron essential fatty acids omega 3 6 9 protein etc


5 ensure your thyroid is working well


7 ensure you do at least I hr per day some kind of voluntary work when you are able..the reasons you are ill , or poor or have allsorts of bad things happen to you is because of karma -----usually from past lives but some from this one 鈥搗oluntary work will offset your mistakes--- how much it offsets well that is down to god and how much you do. Healing us is in direct proportion to the help we give others ie your healing comes with helping others achieve theirs so if people are doing very little in helping others ---they suffer more and longer...and if they are doing a lot they get well faster....so now you know what to do ,,and like a lot of us are already doing being of service.


8 be amongst people who are giving, friendly who have time for you who love you , choose your friends well


9 be or get to a place which personally love or like


10 get and do some work which you like or love


11 ensure you do no acts which hurt or inflict on anyone 鈥揹on鈥檛 want to add to your karma do we !!!


12 spiritual healing yes and reiki -.


13think good positive thoughts, laughter, look at comedy, play good uplifting music,


14 avoid at all costs exposure to violence, murders, suffering ,death ,tragedies, -feed upon good things uplifting things, things that feel like a breath of fresh air..


15 Positive affirmation- that鈥檚 right programme your self in the mirror , thoughts are things words are things actions are things , all have influence, few people realise these things can have an effect on themselves .


16 a detox ------ toxins can influence how you feel big time


17 hugs get plenty of them in your daily life you would be amazed at how people feel after a few decent hugs鈥?


18 loads of exercise running walki
If you really feel that teaching is no longer for you then one way or another get out now while you can start a new career. I would go for careers counselling before finally quitting teaching. Writing is rarely a paying occupation - a friend of mine is on her fifth published novel and her sister says she would have earned more per hour scrubbing floors! Take a little more time to consider your options, talk to your union rep (if you have one) about the best way to leave teaching, if that is your decision, then move on.





On the other hand, everything looks black while you are depressed and it is easy to feel that everything, especially a class full of children, is just too much to cope with. If you do decide to go back, and teaching is rewarding if it is the right career for you, then see if OH will help you to negotiate a phased return to work to reduce the impact.





Whatever you decide, good luck for the future.
It is probably best thing to leave completely.





You are burnt out to max and your life is probably telling you that it is time to leave, money is money, and in the end it is still money, it does gives us happiness unfortunately only for temporary purpose so it is best to set yourself up to move on from this.





Do what makes you happy. If you cant find a way out %26gt; This is a sign.





J

No comments:

Post a Comment