Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Advice about relocating to Boston.?

I am relocating to Boston by the end of February. I haven't visited the city before, but have always wanted to live there. I am going to be working at a large law firm downtown. I am interested in information about the various neighborhoods and surrounding towns; I have heard that Haverhill is nice, but the commute would be long. I have found a ton of places to live on Craigslist, but I just don't know which neighborhood would be the best for me.


Here is a bit about me:


28 years old


Female


Single


Looking to make friends too (I only have a couple close to Boston)


Social drinker


College graduate





So basically, I am looking to make a fresh start in a new city with all that accompanies that. What are the pros and cons of the different neighborhoods? What does each have to offer as far as a social scene, that isn't too undergrad-related?





I appreciate any advice! Thanks!Advice about relocating to Boston.?
Haverhill is a long way from the city, and if youre going to commute to the city for work, you'll regret that drive.


Look in Roslindale, Jamaica Plain, Brookline. They are all city neighborhoods where things are happening - and all connected to down town through easy public transportation.


I lived in Boston for 35 years. Fantastic, but EXPENSIVE city to live in!Advice about relocating to Boston.?
Don't do it!!!! Move to Austin, TX instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment