Friday, January 8, 2010

Advice please. What would you do and what do you think about my situation? I'll try to keep it short.?

I'm trying to get in to medical school. I'm a non traditional applicant. I got off track 3 years ago so my wife could finish her masters degree here in her home country Switzerland. I'm from the US. We moved back here shortly after getting married and she'll be done this year. I've learned French while I've been here and am studying at the University My grades here are totally average whereas in the US I graduated undergraduate studies with a 3.75. Now I'm faced with the opportunity of studying medicine here (it was not an option until this year because of the country's policy on foreigners and medical studies). If I study here its free, the education is world class, but I already know I want to practice in the US, and I've heard that it can be hard to get good residencies in the US with a foreign education. I'm worried that since my grades here are so average, that it would affect my chances of going to a good school in the US. Would you study here or take your chances in US?Advice please. What would you do and what do you think about my situation? I'll try to keep it short.?
you may want to read this





http://www.regional.org.au/au/rrh/editor鈥?/a>





pretty much answers your questions, however what courses you have to complete to be certified here are answered on the American Medical Associations site.

No comments:

Post a Comment